Monday, September 23, 2013

Salsa Chicken and Pasta Salad

I didn't get a pretty picture, but hey, 
at least I got one.

It was delicious. 
The only problem I had was the chef
who *tweeked* the recipe said to switch
chipotle chili powder for the regular
that the recipe calls for.
The chipotle was a good call, it has a smokey flavor
that plain chili powder just doesn't have. 
He neglected to adjust the amount of 
chili powder to take into account
the excessively hotter heat 
from the chipotle.
 I'll adjust that here.

Salsa Chicken Pasta Salad

2 cups cooked pasta
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
6 ounces sliced black olives
3 tomatoes, diced
2 cups chicken breast, chopped

Feel free to add in or take out any
vegetables.

The dressing:
1/4 cup fresh cilantro 
(I didn't have any and it was still great)
1 lime, juiced
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 cup mayo
(I went light on the mayo)

Mix it all together and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment