Saturday, March 30, 2013

What Do You Call Today?


It's the day between the
 bloody cross
and the
empty tomb.
 It took me a long time to wrap my head
around calling 
Good Friday
*good*.
And I understand now that
you can't get to Easter morning
without going through
Friday.

I understand I can't get closer
to God without
going through my dark times.
Those times show me how much I rely
on Him and how much
He takes care of me.

Those periods of time are important.
They grow me. 
They help me reflect on God. 
They center me.
They are very important times, 
if not very *good*.

Today is an important day.
I cried looking up at the cross last night.
It's time to reflect.
It's time to grow.
It's time to put Christ back in my center.

Today is a very important day.
It needs a name.

(Image credit)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you...thank you, Jesus!!
    2 Corinthians 5:21
    21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin,[a] so that we could be made right with God through Christ.

    ReplyDelete