Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Beef Something

This is a little something I concocted one evening.
It was almost lost to the world.
I made it up but neglected to write down even notes
as to what I had done so as to even *think* about
making it again. 

That was about a month ago and then the other night
something was tickling the back of my mind, 
wasn't there some beef thing that
I cooked with carrots and onions
and then blended the veg and juices to make a gravy
that I then put the shredded meat back into and
served over stuffing
but later tried the leftovers over mashed potatoes
and that was better.

Didn't I make something like that?

And where did that recipe come from?
Giada?
Nope.
Rachel?
Nope. 
Paula?
Nope.

Turns out it was inspired by something I saw on
Diner, Drive Ins and Dives.

It all comes back to me.
It was a chuck roast that I browned off
in a dutch oven
then browned carrots and onions
in the drippings, 
put the meat back in with some garlic and
a couple cups of beef broth. 
I put it in a 300 degree oven for 3-4 hours.

I took the meat out and used an immersion
blender to puree the veges and liquid
to make a great gravy and then returned
the shredded meat to the pot.

I served it over a few different things
but the best was white mashed potatoes
with a sprinkling of peas over top. 

Yea!
Now it's written down. 
Maybe I can make it again. 

Without as much strife.

Oh, but I should probably name it.






No comments:

Post a Comment