Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Chocolate Bundt Cake

For the past few years I have been in
purge mode.
Getting rid of all that extra *stuff*
that just clutters your house and your mind.
Well, maybe not my mind so much.
But house stuff for sure.

I have a system by which I put clothes
in a box in the basement.
If I don't open that box for two years
it goes to Goodwill.
No ifs, ands, or buts.

I should do that with kitchen 
accoutrements as well.
(man, had to Google that one!)
I decided to make this cake.
Thing is, this cake requires a very specific
piece of equipment. 
Namely, its namesake.
Bundt pan.

I had one. 
Once upon a time.
Facebook to the rescue and
Amy loaned me hers.

On to the cake.
It had every reason to succeed:
four eggs, 
pudding mix,
sour cream,
vegetable oil.
Oh, and chocolate.

It did not disappoint.

The original recipe just called 
for a dusting of powdered sugar
on top. 
I poured 
ganache over it before the sugar.
Why wouldn't you?

Oh, and I put a hit of rum
in the ganache.
Again, 
why wouldn't you?

http://savoringtimeinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2013/02/easy-chocolatey-bundt-cake.html
Heads up if you choose to make this cake,
note the cake mix package size,
all boxed cakes are not created equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment