Sunday, January 20, 2013

Quinoa and Roasted Sweet Potato Stuffed Portabellas

That's a lot of name!
But I think it needs it. 
I'm still on my vegetarian 
three days a week kick.
I found some beautiful portabellas
the other day and spent a few days soliciting
suggestions and just pondering.
And this is what I cam up with:
It's a sweet potato that I diced pretty small
and then roasted with a red onion
and a few cloves of garlic.

I toasted some slivered almonds,
cooked up some quinoa,
and then tossed everything together
with a bit of grated parm.

I baked the cleaned portabellas
for 10 minutes at 450 degrees
then stuffed them and
topped them with some
panko crumbs tossed with
 olive oil,
baked another 5 minutes
and wound up with dinner!

I have quite a bit of the stuffing left.
I wondered out load at dinner what I
might do with it.
Mike suggested I stuff some
chicken breasts with it.

Me thinks someone is missing
something.....

No comments:

Post a Comment