Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Meatless Tuesday

I know 
Meatless Monday
has a certain ring to it, 
but, 
life happens.

I hadn't really thought ahead for dinners this
week and doing the whole
vegetarian days
kind of requires some forethought.

But here you have a meal on the fly and
it was actually (actually)
pretty good!
 I started out making a basic red sauce.
As long as I have a 28 ounce can of tomatoes 
around, I'm pretty much good to go. 
I sautéed a red onion in some olive oil, 
added a couple of cloves of garlic, 
chopped up a red pepper
I had roasted and then threw in some
sliced black olives.
All good but I really wanted to bump up the nutrition 
and I thought, a lot of my creamy soups have
you blend the ingredients, be they 
vegetables or, say, beans.

So, I blended up some northern beans 
and added them to the sauce.
It's hard to see but it made the sauce kind of creamy.
And, I figure our meal some protein and fiber.
 Nice!
I like it when that happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment