Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pumpkin Donuts

The fried kind.
And yes, that's a bottle of wine in  the background.
Lynne and I consider donut making a social event.

Lynne loves all things pumpkin and just for her
I have created a board on Pintrest titled,
Can I Call You Pumpkin?
These are on it.
Along with a recipe for "baked" donuts.
But to my way of thinking once you bake that dough
it no longer qualifies as a donut.
It becomes a round cupcake with a hole in the middle.
Fry those babies!

I have a link to the recipe we used.
It was a good one but reading over the comments
gave me a couple of hints and I have a couple of my own.
Here you have them;
1) The dough is very wet , as are most donut recipes we have tried,
turn the dough out onto a floured cookie sheet.
2) Put said cookie sheet of dough in the fridge for about 1/2 hour.
3) Be sure you get the oil up to temp, I went just a tad over 350.
4) Try some of the pumpkin pie spice in the glaze.
5) Try shaking some of the donuts in a paper bag with the 
pumpkin pie spice mixed with sugar.

And just so you don't think it's always roses here:
Those are last years red velvet donuts.








No comments:

Post a Comment