Monday, November 27, 2017

Instant Pot VS 12 Nights Of Christmas Wine

OK, the Instant Pot never really stood a chance.
But, I gotta say, I was SHOCKED by the number
of my friends who voted Instant Pot when I put it up for a vote.
Have you MET me???

And then the question  begs,
Have you met my mother and aunt?

My husband was the wise man 
who came bearing gifts of wine, 
Mom and Big? The pot :)

So now I am on a journey to determine if I will
drink of the Instant Pot Kool Aid that is 
taking Facebook and Pinterest by storm.

At first I was surprised to learn 
that I had mistaken the word 
"instant"
for
"magic".
It's not magic. 
You still have to prep.
(chop, peel, measure)

It's nice that you can saute right in the pot.
Sweat those onions, brown that meat.
See? Not magic.

I have cooked a whopping three meals in it thus far
and all three were delicious.

I'm still on the fence as to whether it's 
that much better than a slow cooker.
I think you have to decide, do I want to do 
the grunt labor 
at the start of the day or the end.
Most days it's 6 to one, half dozen to the other.

Yesterday may have tipped the scales in its favor.
I walked in the door at 4:30 
and had dinner on the table at 5:30.
This Honey Bourbon Chicken was fantastic.
And don't be mislead, there is NO bourbon in it.
The internet is in a bit of a fight as to why 
it's called this, but bottom line, don't worry when you don't see
bourbon in the ingredients.
It's not there.

Ava loved it, Mike was not as enthused but 
it was a bit sweet, so I will try cutting back on the honey
the next time I make it.

I'm kind of thinking of trying meatloaf in it tonight.
Maybe.
I dunno.


1 comment: