Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Instant Pot Musings

I'm pretty sure that my insights into 
this contraption are so profound
that blog posts must ensue.

First, the gasket thing stinks to high heaven.
I don't suppose it's a problem for the general population
 but for me with the sensitive sense of smell
 and migraines triggered by smell, it's an issue.
The smell does not appear to affect the taste of the food
 I cook in it, but I have seen through my internet trolling, 
most people have two gaskets, one for savory and one for sweet.
I think I'm not nuts.
I will store my pot in the basement or garage.
Problem solved.

Second, I'm thinking, 
if some dishes I cook in the oven can be 
converted to this thing 
then my summer repertoire just opened wide up.

Third, if I had to choose between this
and a slow cooker, 
I think this thing wins
because it can slow cook as well.
But then, I own 3 slow cookers.
All varying sizes.
So, maybe if I'm not choosing for me.

Oh! And when they tell you you can cook
whatever in like 5 minutes,
they neglect to mention there are like 10 minutes
of waiting for it to get enough pressure and then
10-40 minutes once it's done cooking
for the pressure to dissipate.
I just feel that's a bit of false advertising
by the community at large.
But that's just me.
Still haven't drunk the Kool Aid.

And these are my deep thoughts
approximately three weeks in.

...Hmmmmm..... 



No comments:

Post a Comment