Thursday, August 2, 2012

More Tomatoes

And here we have 
Pearl Couscous With Olives
And Roasted Tomatoes.

I, like Ms. Smitten, am a sucker for
Israeli couscous.
And I have a plethora of tomatoes.

I think what intrigued me the most about this recipe 
was the dressing you make using some 
of the roasted tomatoes. 
It's primarily a combination of 
tomatoes, roasted garlic and olive oil. 
The possibilities for that alone are interesting.

I did veer from the recipe as written in that my box of
couscous only had 1 1/3 cups of couscous
(as opposed to the 2 1/4 cups the recipe called for)
and I left out the mint.
I did add some finely chopped red onions
and a hit of cayenne pepper.

From the looks of it I had plenty of couscous.
And while I did get some mint past 
Mike a couple of days ago, 
I felt it was best not to push my luck.

PS, it's a keeper.



No comments:

Post a Comment