Monday, March 31, 2014

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

I've taken a little time off.
For no reason.
Just lazy.
Or very busy.
But mostly a little of both.

I did make a really good casserole
last week. 
I forgot to take a picture, but I do have this:
Once you get past the cute, look at Mike's plate.
That's what is left of the casserole
that was supposed to feed 6-8. 

There were four of us.
So just, heads up.

I used one rotisserie chicken, 
I think two would have been a better choice
(and maybe have extend it by a couple of servings.)

Also, in her notes, the author mentions that the deli ham
 and cheese seem to release salt as
 they cook down so you
may want to reduce the salt in the sauce. 
No, you WANT to reduce the salt.
Mine was a bit salty.

I also felt there was a lot of sauce so I didn't 
use it all. I just got a good covering over the cheese
and called it done. 

I roasted some asparagus to go with it.
Good choice, but a green salad would be good too.
Sometimes what to "serve with" is a bigger
challenge than the meal itself.
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment