Friday, January 20, 2012

Meatballs a la Pizzaiola

I'm not sure if this was a hit or a miss.
It's from my good friend Giada .
These are supposed to be served with toothpicks as an appetizer.
Some how I missed that and thought they would
just be the meat of a meal. 
You know, like mini, Italian style, meatloaves. 
That you dip. 

They aren't. 
Whereas they are good, they would be far better
with the mindset that they are appetizers. 

Here are my comments;
I used dried sun-dried tomatoes and just added 
a hit of olive oil. 
I read the comments on the recipe and so baked them 5 minutes 
longer than recommended.
That was 5 minutes too long. 
For once, it would appear, I made 
meatballs the size they were intended to be. 

It's a good meatball recipe, I wonder if it would be a good
meatloaf one as well?



No comments:

Post a Comment