Thursday, September 6, 2012

Coconut Zucchini Bread



I found a recipe for this on 
Pintrest.
But it called for whole wheat flour.
#1 I don't have whole wheat flour sitting around.
#2 If I did have whole wheat flour 
sitting around it would be stale.
Happened once.
#3 I really didn't feel this needed to be a 
*health* food.

So I improvised.
In addition to the coconut idea
I also *stole* the idea of putting 
yogurt in the mix.
And since I didn't have a full 1/2 cup 
of plain greek yogurt, I supplemented with
some sour cream.

Generally speaking I am not
inclined to mess with a baking recipe.
I am of the opinion they are more
 *formulas* 
as opposed
to other recipes that I take as
*suggestions*.
But this time I made out OK.

Here you have it:

Combine dry ingredients:
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. each baking powder,and salt
1/2 tsp each baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg
1 cup coconut

Combine wet ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp almond extract

Add
 3/4 cup sugar
1 cup grated zucchini
and then mix in dry ingredients just to combine.

Spread in greased loaf pan 
bake 350 degrees
60 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment